Great discoveries start here
Truckstop and parking
There are no parking facilities for import freight vehicles at Portsmouth International Port.
There are strict parking conditions in force which are stringently enforced at all times. The following parking charges will be applied where applicable. All prices shown are inclusive of VAT.
Parking of driver-accompanied vehicles within the port’s restricted area without permission is not permitted. Please contact the Duty Traffic Supervisor for permission and charges.
Any unauthorised vehicle (including any vehicle not classed as a frustrated import or export) parked within the restricted area shall be subject to a charge.
Vehicles parked for more than one hour will be charged from the time of arrival at a rate of £6 per hour or part thereof.
Unaccompanied freight includes frustrated export & import trailers not collected. Any export trailer left at the port and not shipped within 3 days will be classed as a frustrated export.
- Days 2-6 charged at £7.20 per day
- Days 7-13 charged at £10.80 per day
- Days 14-23 charged at £14.40 per day
- Additional days charged at £28.80 per day
A day is classified as 24 hours from the time of entry (or part thereof). Time of entry is classed as the time the unit entered the site via the port gates, or the time of the arrival for the vessel that the unit arrived on.
Tractor unit parking
- 1-25hrs – FREE
- 25-72hrs – £25
- Longer than 72 hours – at £25 per day (or part thereof)
Abnormal and out of gauge loads parking charges
Parking charges for all abnormal and out of gauge loads (accompanied or unaccompanied) will be applicable.
- For all imports, the charges will apply after an initial 12 hours grace period taken from the actual time of arrival, for the vessel from which the load is discharged.
- For all exports, the charges will apply after an initial 12 hours grace period taken from the loads actual time of arrival on site at Portsmouth International Port.
- Please contact the Port’s Traffic Supervisor on Tel: 023 9285 5931, Email: firstname.lastname@example.org for details of cost and payment methods.
Other miscellaneous charges may apply. Please refer to Portsmouth International Port’s Dues, Rates and Charges book or speak to the duty Traffic Supervisor for further details. The nearest truckstop is no more than a 10-minute drive away.
Euro conversion rate will be at the rate published on the Parking Charge Form.
Management reserve the right to amend these charges without notice.
VAT number: GB 108 3656 72