Great discoveries start here
Cruise trade information
Saga 'Spirit of Adventure' naming ceremony on July 19, 2021
The Waterfront: Home to Portsmouth’s world class attractions
We can offer a complimentary water shuttle for calling cruises takes passengers directly from their ship to the world class attractions that line the waterfront, which include:
- Internationally renowned Historic Dockyard, HMS Victory and the new-look Mary Rose museum.
- Exclusive designer shops and restaurants at Gunwharf Quays.
- Alongside Henry VIII’s flagship vessel, the city is also home to his seafront bolt-hole, Southsea Castle.
- Adjacent to Southsea Castle is the D-Day Story, which tells the story of D-Day in World War II.
- The iconic Emirates Spinnaker Tower, one of the UK’s tallest structures, is a key focal point for the city
Find out more about what Portsmouth has to offer at visitportsmouth.co.uk
A smooth experience for passengers
Our team have the expertise to provide all the technical assistance needed for successful turnarounds, with a renowned reputation for reliability. Our berthing facilities are perfect for small and mid-sized cruise ships, and we provide a bespoke service for every vessel.
On arrival at the port terminal, cruise passengers will be met and their luggage taken by porters for security checks. From there it will be conveyed to the ship by truck and loaded onto the vessel. The next time passengers see their luggage will be in the comfort of their own cabin.
If passengers are making their final stop in Portsmouth, luggage will follow the labelling process on board ship to make identification easier after disembarkation. Luggage will be offloaded from the ship and taken by truck where it will be segregated by colour code / deck level or other arrangements indicated by the cruise ship. It will be laid out in the Baggage Hall awaiting identification. Passengers will then retrieve their luggage.
If you want to speak to us about bringing your cruise ships to Portsmouth, our head of cruise and ferry, Andrew Williamson, would be delighted to speak to you. Contact him on email@example.com or call +44 (0) 23 9285 5924
Portsmouth International Port is a member of Cruise Britain, which supports the cruise industry across the UK.