Great discoveries start here
- By train: Direct services to Portsmouth are available from London Waterloo, London Victoria, Brighton, Gatwick Airport, Southampton, Eastleigh and Cardiff (via Salisbury and Bristol). Please alight at Portsmouth & Southsea train station, which has a taxi rank right outside. The port is a five minute drive, or a 20 minute walk away. For more information on train times and tickets, please visit National Rail.
- By coach: Direct services are available to and from London Victoria coach station, with a stop right here at the port. Visit nationalexpress.com for more details.
- By bus: First Bus and Stagecoach both operate services that serve the port. Visit My Journey Portsmouth to plan your route.
- By taxi: There is a taxi rank outside the main terminal.
- By rental e-scooter: There is a Voi rental e-scooter rack available adjacent to the port’s car park. Please note that private e-scooters are not permitted at the port.
- By rental bike: There is a Beryl bike rack adjacent to the port’s car park, with conventional and electric assisted bikes to hire.
- By car: The M275 motorway runs right to our door, with a long stay multi-storey car park available. There is also a drop off point outside the terminal building, alongside some 20 minute car parking bays. Our postcode for directions is PO2 8SP, and the sat-nav coordinates are 50.811823, -1.088367.
- By park and ride: If you are coming to the port for the day, you can take advantage of Portsmouth’s park and ride service, with stops very close to the port. Please alight at Rudmore roundabout and go through the underpass to get to the port, and the return service stops on the road outside the port. Please note: you cannot leave your car overnight at the park and ride car park.
It’s easy to cycle to Portsmouth International Port. We’re just off National Cycle Network Route 22, and the majority of the cycle route to the Port from Portsmouth and Southsea train station is on a shared-use cycle path. See the map below for the route, which takes about 10 minutes at an easy pace. We’ve also got bike racks at the terminal building and by our car lanes where you can park your bike. Bikes are not permitted within the terminal building.
For more information on cycling in Portsmouth, please visit MyJourney.
There are safe pedestrian routes to the passenger terminal available from the south, north and east of the Port. If you are walking from Portsmouth and Southsea station, it’s a 25 minute walk. Find us on Google Maps and use the walking route plotter to plan your route.
For more information about walking in Portsmouth, please visit MyJourney Portsmouth.